Experienced Trial Lawyers
More Than 100 Years Of Combined Experience On Your Side
St. Charles Family Law Lawyers
A legal issue in your family can be a very delicate matter. It needs to be resolved competently, as important things are at stake: your finances, your relationships, and the future of your loved ones, especially your children. You want to ensure that the people you love are provided the care and security they deserve, but at the same time, you must protect your own rights and fair claims.
On top of these, you want the resolution to be as peaceful as possible, with minimal disruptions in your life and the life of your loved ones.
There are many family law attorneys in Missouri, but the lawyer you select must provide a balance of practicality and sensitivity. Talk to us at Shea Kohl Law to see how we can help you with this brand of service.
Family Law Issues We Handle
Whether your family matter involves your spouse or partner, your child, your step-child, or even your ward, we at Shea Kohl Law are prepared to handle it for you. As a full-service family law firm in Missouri, we are experienced in these family issues and more:
- If you wish to adopt a child, we can thoroughly deal with the legalities – both international and domestic – so that you can focus on your new family adjustments.
- Child custody and visitation. We can help you fight for your parental rights to ensure that your children grow up in an appropriate and supportive home.
- Child support. Your children deserve all the support they can get. Let us help you receive the fair amount of financial support needed to raise them well.
- Child support enforcement. Has the other parent refused or failed to pay court-ordered child support? There are ways to ensure that appropriate payments are made.
- Child support modification. If there are changes in circumstances that affect your child, our lawyers can assist you through the legal system to have your child support modified by the court.
- Let us help make your divorce as calm, amicable, and fair as possible. We can get you the most equitable results regarding matters such as asset distribution, alimony, and child custody or support.
- In a family conflict, we can act as an unbiased mediator so you don’t have to go to court. We enable you to arrive at decisions together for less cost, less hassle, and more amicable resolutions.
- Prenuptial agreements. It is wise for many couples to agree before marriage on potential future matters. With our legal knowledge and experience, we expect the unexpected and assist you in drafting a fair pre-nup that can save you from much stress later on.
- Spousal maintenance (Alimony). Your divorce should not lead you to a financial crisis. We’re here to help you receive an appropriate amount of spousal support.
- Other family issues including, but not limited to:
- Domestic violence
- Guardianships and conservatorships
- Orders of protection
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs)
- Step-parent adoptions.
Practical, Sensitive Solutions From Shea Kohl Law
We at Shea Kohl Law have consistently produced practical and effective legal solutions. For family law issues, we deliver this practicality with a heightened sensitivity for you and your family. We understand that these matters are not always black-and-white dilemmas, so we pay attention to the specific circumstances of your case.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Candid appraisal of your case, and the corresponding pragmatic solutions
- Skillful representation in courtroom litigation or negotiations
- Efficiency and full commitment to fairness when mediating
- Confidentiality and respect throughout each case
- Clear and consistent communication, so you don’t worry about how your case is progressing.
Shea Kohl Law is based in St. Charles, MO. We serve the counties of St. Charles, Lincoln, St. Louis, and Warren, as well as nearby areas in Illinois.
Perhaps you are already in the middle of a family issue, or perhaps you want answers to your questions first. We are ready to be of service to you. Let’s start by talking about your family situation. Your initial consultation with us is free, and we guarantee that your information with us is kept confidential. Call Shea Kohl Law today at (636) 946-9999.
Call Shea Kohl Law, LC at (636) 946-9999
or contact us online to schedule your initial consultation.
Use of this Website does not create an attorney-client relationship. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements. Any and all pictorial representations, people and or situations contained on this page or any other page in this website are simulations for purposes of advertising and for this site and are not actual clients or situations.
Shea Kohl Law, LC serves clients in Missouri including St. Charles, Troy and Lincoln and throughout Warren and St. Louis counties. We also serve clients in Illinois.